In precisely two weeks, I will be walking across the stage and receiving my diploma from Saint Bonaventure University. What a scary thought. It feels like I blinked from move in day freshmen year to my final days of senior year. Geez, people weren’t kidding when they said that time flies. What I think is so remarkable about graduating from college is the endless possibilities. I mean, I’m 22 years old, I can do whatever I want to do, wherever I want to do it. How cool is that?! The freedom is both exhilarating and terrifying, all at the same time. It’s completely normal to be a little bit confused about how to feel with graduation quickly approaching. Me, I’m feeling a hundred different feelings. I’m scared to be leaving something so comfortable and familiar, I’m excited to be embarking on my next journey, I’m hopeful that my four years at school will help me in my future career… the feelings never stop.
When I’m feeling doubtful, or confused about graduation, I know I can always turn to Disney for inspiration and motivation. Here I’ve complied a list of Disney songs that have helped me feel motivated during this time of change, with my favorite lyrics from each.
1. “Go The Distance” from Hercules— “I will find my way, I can go the distance. I’ll be there someday. If I can be strong, I know every mile will be worth my while. I would go most anywhere to feel where I belong.”
2. “I’ve Got a Dream” from Tangled— “You can count me with the dreamers, like everybody else I’ve got a dream!”
3. “You Can Fly!” from Peter Pan— “Up you go with a heigh and ho, to the stars beyond the blue. There’s a Never Land waiting for you, where all your happy dreams come true, every dream that you dream will come true.”
4. “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella— “Have faith in your dreams and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”
5. “Almost There” from Princess and the Frog— “I remember Daddy told me fairytales can come true. You gotta make ’em happen, it all depends on you. So I work real hard each and every day, now things for sure are going my way.”
Last but not least, a quote from the truly inspirational and the one that started it all, Walt Disney himself, which I adorned my graduation cap with…
“If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It!“