Hello friends, and welcome to the final Friday of April. I know I always say this, but time SERIOUSLY is flying by. I graduate in less than a month, which is completely mind-boggling to me. One of the many things I’ve learned in the past four years of my life is the importance of having a sidekick, or best friend. Someone who is loyal, honest, and compassionate is extremely important to getting through some difficult and ever changing times, especially throughout college. For this edition of Favorite Things Friday, I decided to put the spotlight on Disney Sidekicks, a must for every Disney protagonist.
1. Pascal, Rapunzel’s Sidekick– He may be small, but size does not determine this adorable chameleon. He stuck by Rapunzel for her many years inside the tower, and even agreed to play dress up with her a few dozen times. He’s extremely protective of his best friend, and is a true and loyal companion. Pascal is Rapunzel’s biggest fan, and is always rooting for her, and supporting her. In the end, Pascal is one of Rapunzel’s heros in the defeat of Mother Gothel, as he is the sole reason she trips and falls out of the tower. Who wouldn’t want this trustworthy and spunky chameleon by their side?
2. Lumiere & Cogsworth, Beast’s Sidekick(s)– These two go together like peanut butter and jelly, and although they may have opposing personalities, they actually compliment each other quite well for Beast. Lumiere proved his kind-heartedness when he allowed Belle to eat when she was hungry, and even sang her a song while feeding her everything that was in the kitchen. Cogsworth, however, is a bit more obedient to his master, the Beast, and tends to like things kept in order. Both are caring to the Beast, to which he often goes to these two for advice. One could possibly credit these two fellows for the speed of the relationship between Beast and Belle, which was extremely crucial due to that wilting rose.
3. Timon & Pumbaa, Simba’s Sidekick(s)– This meerkat and warthog duo are a MAJOR reason that Simba went on to be King of Pride Rock. They practically raised Simba after the loss of his father, and made him into the King he ended up being. Not to mention, Timon and Pumbaa are AWESOME wingmen (cue Can You Feel The Love Tonight?) These two would do anything for Simba, and even coined the inspirational life motto Hakuna Matata.
4. Mushu, Mulan’s Sidekick– This powerful, pleasurable, and indestructible red dragon is the comic relief to Mulan’s stressful life pretending to be a male warrior. Underneath his desires to become a “top shelf” guardian spirit, Mushu is a loyal companion who sticks by Mulan until the end, even through war. He’s got the attitude of a large dragon, and does not let his small size bother him. Mushu is the one who convinced Mulan to fight for her country, which we all know how that ended. Just be careful not to call Mushu a lizard!
5. Dory, Marlin’s Sidekick– Talk about a great travel companion. Dory always lightened the mood, even when Marlin was busy finding Nemo. She’s positive and inspirational, endlessly singing “Just Keep Swimming!” She may have short-term memory loss, but she means well, and is loyal and helpful in times of need. The glass is always half-full for Dory, and she is exactly the fish you want by your side in a time of crisis. She’s extremely caring, and she can speak whale! How convenient is that?