Walt Disney once said, “I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing– that it all started by a mouse.” The entire Walt Disney empire began with the drawing of a mouse, and not just any mouse. This dream of Walt’s that we may never forget is reiterated throughout the parks in all shapes and forms, including food. So many trademark foods at the Walt Disney World Resort are shaped as the leader of the pack, and the one that started it all. Here is a list of my favorite Mickey-shaped treats!
1. Waffles— This may just be my favorite food ever. I mean, I’m a huge fan of waffles, and breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but there is just something about a Mickey-shaped waffle that is so delicious. They come big, or small, and with various toppings. My personal favorite is the big waffle with strawberry topping. The Mickey-shape allows the toppings, whether fruit, butter, or classic syrup, to soak up in the decedent waffle. I’m now drooling, and I could really eat these every single day and never get sick of them. I got a Mickey Mouse waffle maker for Christmas, but it’s just not the same. Now I’m going to go make some waffles.
2. Ice Cream Sandwich— Oh these are so good, and the perfect way to cool down on a hot day. This ice cream sandwich is not just any old ice cream sandwich, this is a Cookies ‘N Cream Ice Cream Sandwich shaped as Mickey Mouse. I always go for the ears first, and make my way down to his face. Most people go for the Mickey Mouse Premium Ice Cream Bar, but I prefer this chocolaty dessert. I swear, everything tastes better shaped like Mickey, including this ice cream sandwich.
3. Chocolate-Covered Apple— The caramel goodness covering a fresh apple, dipped in premium chocolate, and decorated with sprinkles is the apple of anyone’s eye. The marshmallow ears are dipped in chocolate, to give this apple the look of Mickey Mouse. They are absolutely delicious, but I will admit, a little bit hard to eat. It’s easiest to cut the apple into pieces, rather than just take one big bite. Trust me, sometimes I know it’s hard to wait, and in that case, DIG IN! I promise it won’t be like the one Snow White tried.
4. Cake Pops— The red velvet cake pops, shaped as Mickey Mouse, are to die for. The decadent and gooey cake centers, dipped in chocolate, with chocolate marshmallow ears are the perfect small portable treat. It is hard to eat just one of these, but it can be done. Again, I always eat the ears first, saving the best part for last… the cake!
5. Lollipops— These come on SUPER long sticks and in an assortment of flavors. They are tiny, but the perfect size. My personal favorite is the red or orange, and they are a great sweet and sugary treat that will not ruin your appetite for dinner! Get a bundle of these, share them, or keep them for yourself!