IT’S THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING! HOW EXCITING! After one of the most brutal and freezing winters we have had in a long time, it has finally come to an end. The fact that spring has arrived instantly puts me in a good mood. There are so many exciting things happening in spring, including my graduation from college! Time is flying by, and I cannot believe I will be graduating so soon. I could not be more excited to turn the page to the next chapter of my life, and that will be in Walt Disney World. For the first day of spring, and this Favorite Things Friday, I decided to compile a list of my favorite Disney cover songs, seeing as I have been listening to a lot of Disney songs lately! Rock on! 🎶
1. “Beauty and The Beast” sung by Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson– Oh, this version of the song gives me chills. It is sung so beautifully, and it is so romantic, with the same feel and sound as the version sung in the movie. I picture myself dancing at my wedding to this song. It’s such a classic, and definitely tops this list.
2. “Colors of the Wind” sung by Vanessa Hudgens– I absolutely love this song, and it is still one I listen to regularly. This version of the song was featured on the Princess Disneymania CD, and remains true to the version sung by Pocahontas, just with a little more pop and rock. I’ve been a fan of Vanessa Hudgens ever since her High School Musical days, and I really think she is a talented artist and delivers the perfect feel for this powerful ballad.
3. “Let It Go” sung by Demi Lovato– It is hard to hate this song, as much as you may try. Demi Lovato has such a strong voice, and puts her own spin on this version of the song originally sung by Queen Elsa. It is for sure a great song to rock out to in your car, or in your room. I have to admit, I might like Demi’s version better than the Snow Queen herself.
4. “Disney Medley” sung by Alex G & Peter Hollens– This Disney mash-up is SERIOUSLY impressive. These two YouTube artists are so talented, and the music video is just as cool as the mash-up. From The Lion King, to Aladdin, to Pocahontas, to The Little Mermaid, to Beauty and The Beast, this mixture of music has the perfect way of combining songs from each film and making it into one amazing Disney Medley.
5. “Circle of Life” sung by Disney Channel Stars– Talk about a blast from the past. I remember how much I used to love these Disneymania CD’s. This is like a happy reunion of so many Disney Channel Stars, not to mention with talented singing voices. I absolutely love hearing the range of voices in this song, and I think it’s great. I love being able to pick out my favorite Disney Channel Stars in the song. I love the message, and the fact that all of these Disney Channel Stars came together to sing it makes it that much more special.