I’m sad to say that I’m back in the snow. Let me tell you, leaving Florida was definitely an extremely hard and unpleasant thing to do. One of the only things that helped me stay sane on my LONG trip home was that I will be returning and making a home out of it soon enough. Also, can I just say I HATE travel days. Yesterday, I had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning, travel 40 minutes to the airport, travel on the plane for two hours, then a three hour layover, then another hour flight, then last a three hour car ride home from the airport. LIKE REALLY? Alright, alright. I’m done venting. Now, I’m going through pictures from my vacation and had the idea to write a Favorite Things Weekend edition about my favorite things to do on a Florida vacation, not including Disney. Believe it or not, there is such thing as a Florida vacation without Disney.
1. Spend a day on the beach— Probably one of my favorite places on Earth is a beach, and not just any old beach. A Florida beach. Absolutely nothing compares. If I could, I would live in a house on the beach. It’s just so beautiful, and relaxing. I grew up with a second home on a beach in Florida, and those are some of my best memories. I promise you, you will not regret spending a day with your toes in the sand, sun on your face, and hearing the ocean waves crash on the shore. Also, maybe take a few pictures just to make all your friends back home jealous.
2. Read a good book– There is no better place to read a good book than pool side with the sun shining. Take the time to relax on your vacation, and curl up with a great book. Get away from all of your worries, and indulge in someone else’s life in a book. For me, I have tons of reading assignments to do for classes at school and I rarely have any time to just read at my leisure. Vacation is the perfect time to do that, especially in somewhere as beautiful as Florida.
3. SHOP!– Alright, I’m a huge fan of shopping, and it’s hard to resist a nice shopping center. One of my favorite things in Florida is the outdoor shopping areas. They are beautiful, and have EVERYTHING! There are great restaurants, stores, and anything you can imagine. I’m a girl that loves to shop, and these outdoor places are beyond perfect. I can get some frozen yogurt, go do a little shopping, even see a movie. What could be better? On my vacation, I went to a place called City Place in West Palm Beach, and I can honestly say it’s one of my favorite places to shop. Ever.
4. Take advantage of what Florida has to offer– When I say that, I mean do something different. There’s a lot of things you can do in Florida that you really cannot do anywhere else. My crazy cousin dragged me (at first) on an airboat through the marshes where you can see wildlife, including gators! It was a great experience, and something I will never forget. It was so exhilarating. I was brought out of my comfort zone, and I am so glad that I did it and was able to see that side of Florida’s wildlife. If given the opportunity, do it! You will not regret it.
5. Leave your mark— I did this by writing my name in the sand, but you really can do whatever you want. It may seem childish, but it’s fun, and makes a great picture. I had an amazing final spring break in the sun, and cannot wait to go back!