I know I’m not the only girl that dreams of having a fairytale wedding. I’ve grown up with the Disney Princesses, and ever since I was a little girl, I’ve dreamt of my wedding day. When I envision myself on my wedding day, I see myself as a real life Disney Princess. Not just any Disney Princess, but more specifically Cinderella. There is just something so romantic about Cinderella attending the ball in the beautiful blue ball gown, in a horse drawn carriage, wearing glass slippers. Not only is that romantic, but it’s also what many girls strive for on their wedding day. Again, I cannot be the ONLY one who dreams of this, and I cannot be the ONLY girl who has a wedding board on Pinterest (and may I add, the board that I add to the most). I’ve compiled pictures and some how-to advice on incorporating some Cinderella theme’s into your future wedding. Hey, it doesn’t hurt to start now!
- Take wedding pictures running away from your now husband, as if the clock just struck midnight. Don’t forget to lose a shoe!
- Wear a pair of Cinderella’s glass slippers on your wedding day. You must show these off!
- Or if wearing glass slippers isn’t your thing (and honestly, it does not sound too comfortable), add a glass slipper to the top of your wedding cake.
- Make a floral centerpiece using the carriage that Cinderella rides to the ball.
- Alfred Angelo, wedding dress designer, has an annual line of Disney Fairytale Wedding dresses inspired by the Disney Princesses themselves. This one is the 2015 Cinderella inspired gown, and I think it is breathtaking.
- Walk with your now husband down the aisle on a runner that is nothing short of the perfect ending to every fairytale Disney Princess movie.
- Add silhouettes of Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing at the ball to your table number cards. You could even add other Disney Princess couples as well!
- Last but not least (if you can afford it) plan to get married at the Disney Wedding Pavilion at the Grand Floridian. You will be getting married with Cinderella’s castle in sight. What could be more perfect than that?