Aside from the thrilling rides and delicious restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort, there are also some great can’t miss shows! If you have the time, I definitely recommend scheduling some of these shows during your next vacation. For my Favorite Things Friday, here is a list of my favorite Walt Disney World shows!
1. Fantasmic!— This show is the trademark of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This show incorporates Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer’s Apprentice fighting alongside villain’s from several Disney classic films. So many characters are brought into this show. You
will surely see some familiar faces. I know I get excited every time I see Belle and Beast. This show is filled with light, sound, and water effects, making this entertaining for the whole family. Fantasmic! does bring in quite the crowd, however, so be sure to get there early for a good seat!
2. Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage— It is no surprise that this is one of my favorite shows at Walt Disney World, but I swear I’m not bias. I have been going to this show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios ever since I was a little girl, and it simply does not get old. All the beloved songs from the film are in this stage show, and may I add sung nearly identical to the film. This show is performed beautifully, thanks to some truly talented actors and actresses. This attraction appeared in 1991, and has been a success ever since.
3. Wishes Nighttime Spectacular— By far, in my opinion, the best fireworks show to date. So many Disney films are brought into this show at Magic Kingdom, creating a sense of magic from the films and bringing it to life. Villains drop in as well, and there is
a duel between good and evil. I get goosebumps every time I see this show. Cinderella’s Castle lights up with scenes from Disney films, as the colors wash over the Castle. This is so much more than just a fireworks show. To me, this is the most magical show and experience you could have at the Walt Disney World Resort.
4. Main Street Electrical Parade— I remember staying up late as a little girl and watching this parade. To this day, I remember how excited and how magical it was seeing the lights travel down Main Street U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom. This show is just so cool. There are so many lights, and all of the characters are dressed with lights. During this parade, you are seeing the characters like never before. We have this parade on tape, and I was just so excited waving around my little light up wand. I was mesmerized by this parade.
5. Voyage of the Little Mermaid— Dive under the sea with Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, an even Ursula during this musical rendition of the film at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This is an ideal way to catch a break from the Florida heat. Somehow, this show makes you really feel as if you are under the water. I still get scared every time Ursula comes on the stage. It feels as if you really just stepped foot in the film, and are on the journey with Ariel in Atlantica.