Planning to visit Cinderella’s Castle (and my favorite theme park) anytime soon? Here is what I think the top five things you must do at the most magical place on earth are!
1. Watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade— This parade is celebrating the newest
addition to Fantasyland in a colorful and innovative way. The parade starts with the Beast and Belle, which for me is enough reason not to miss this. The pictures that I have seen posted online just make this parade look so fun, and some of the floats are magnificent. Speaking of magnificent, you cannot miss MALEficent as a fire-breathing dragon making it’s way down the streets of Main Street U.S.A.
2. Explore the new Fantasyland— It seems like it has been years since Magic Kingdom has seen a major addition, and this major addition seems to have been worth the wait. This is the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, and has something for everyone. This expansion has been separated into two themed areas, Storybook Circus and Enchanted Forest. One of the most popular things at Magic Kingdom right now is the Be Our Guest restaurant in Beast’s Castle. It seems nearly impossible to get a reservation here, meaning it must be THAT good. Believe me, it is on my bucket list and a dream of mine to eat dinner here (and possibly be dressed as Belle…)
3. Ride the Mountains of Magic Kingdom– This includes Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain. All three are thrill-seeking rides, and exciting in their own ways. Space Mountain is an indoor, dark adventure through space. Big Thunder Mountain is the wildest ride in the wilderness. Splash Mountain is the perfect way to cool off during a hot day at Magic Kingdom. Riding all three is a must for any trip to Magic Kingdom.
4. Eat a Dole Whip— This is a signature dessert at Magic Kingdom, and exclusively at the Disney resorts. This pineapple-flavored soft serve is cold and refreshing, exactly what you will need during your day at Magic Kingdom. This can be found in Adventureland at Aloha Isle.
5. Get a picture in front of Cinderella’s Castle— Seems cliche, and everyone seems to be doing it, but for good reason. You cannot beat a classic picture in front of this beautiful sight and trademark of the Walt Disney World resort. You will be one of hundreds a day taking this picture, but believe me when I say you will not regret it. This will be one of your favorite pictures, I promise.