Think you know everything there is to know about Walt Disney World? Think again. Here is a list of some not so common knowledge about the resort and parks.
1. Underground Tunnels— There are tunnels that run underneath Magic Kingdom, the Utilidor system, and give cast members the ability to get from point A to point B quicker, without running into guests. Underneath your favorite ride, there’s a whole new world beneath you filled with Disney characters.
2. Gum is sold no where in the parks— Don’t expect to be able to purchase some minty fresh gum anywhere in the parks. In an effort to keep the parks clean, gum is not sold anywhere, so if you feel like you will be craving some, bring your own and dispose of it properly!
3. You can have a wake-up call at your Walt Disney World Resort from your favorite character— What better way to start your Disney filled day than with a custom wake-up call to your room than from your favorite Disney character!
4. Avoid the ferry from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Magic Kingdom— The ferry to the most magical place on Earth always seems to be sporting a smaller line and crowd, but don’t let that fool you. Stick with the monorail. You will be guaranteed to reach the Kingdom quicker.
5. You can trade pins with Cast Members— If you see a Cast Member wearing a pin lanyard, do not be shy! Walk right up to them and ask to trade pins with them, and they will be happy to do so. The guest has the power the choose which pin they want to receive, and which pin they wish to give up. Sounds like a win win to me!
6. Hidden Mickey’s— Throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, there are hidden Mickey heads everywhere, you just have to know where to look. From the parades, to rides and attractions, to store windows, the hidden Mickey’s are countless. Next time you take a trip to Disney, try to keep your eye out for the one that started it all.