For everyone celebrating the Lenten season, Happy Fat Tuesday! Eat your heart out. Today is a day dedicated to eating all your favorite foods before the ritual fasting of Lent. I always used today as an excuse to eat much more chocolate than I should. In honor of the day, I made a list of, in my opinion, the top 5 sweet snack foods at the Walt Disney World Resort that I WISH I could be eating today. If you are fortunate enough to be at Disney for Fat Tuesday, make sure you grab a bite (or more) of each!
1. Dole Whip– This classic and refreshing snack is just what one needs on a hot day. This pineapple-flavored soft serve dessert is an icon, and quite delicious. Aloha Isle in Adventureland or Captain Cook’s at the Polynesian Village Resort are the best places for these!
2. Premium Mickey Ice Cream Bar– You can never go wrong with this favorite. My sister is absolutely obsessed with these, and refuses to leave the parks until she gets one. The rich and creamy vanilla ice cream covered by a nice bite of chocolate hits the spot, not to mention it’s shaped as the leader of the pack!
3. Zebra Domes– So basically what this is a spongecake with dark chocolate ganache, mixed with an espresso taste as well as a creamy taste. These are shaped in small domes with a zebra pattern on top, making them easy to pop in and to easily eat more than you may plan to at once. These are found at the Boma Restaurant or the Mara quick service at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Don’t miss this chance to settle your chocolate cravings.
4. Mickey Mouse Cake Pops– Last time I went to Main Street Confectionery at Magic Kingdom, I devoured two of these. I repeat, TWO. My personal favorite is the red velvet. These are shaped like Mickey Mouse (shocker there), with a chewy cake core, and marshmallow ears, covered in chocolate. These are amazing.
5. Candy Apples– These are absolutely delicious, and can be found all around the parks. These apples are dipped in a layer of caramel, covered in chocolate, and often a design of a famous Disney character. I am completely addicted to these, and the adorable designs on them. I promise that they are not poisonous, and way better than the one that Snow White ate!